Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2021

Krystal - Amazing Plants

Today I watched a video of what plants are. I found out that light energy is used to transform into carbon dioxide, and water into chemical energy. After I watched the video I wrote down some words I didn't know like a glossary. Then I had to find out the meaning of it. There were four words I didn't know the meaning to. Here is my activity! 

Krystal Amazing Plants Inquiry Term 2 

Photosynthesis - Photosynthesis is the process of which the green plants and some other organisms use sunlight. Plants can turn and grow towards the light if the spot they are in is dark. 
What is photosynthesis? - Science Questions

Germanize - To germinate or grow. 

Meristems - Plants have a localized growth called meristems also known as the bud. These are territories of cell division and plant growth. The buds are the the stem of a plant. If you cut it in the right place it will grow many more leaves. 

Meristems | BioNinja
Light Energy - Light Energy is used to transform into carbon dioxide, and water into chemical energy.
Light Energy - Knowledge Bank - Solar Schools
Sugars - The sugars are used for the plants to grow, to fight insects pests or drought stress. Extra sugars can be put in the storage organs for later use of the plants.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi it’s Zac from room 8 here , I really like your post about plants. My class has not done aneything about plants yet but have learned alot about then by reading your post. Is there anything else that you have learned about plants that you can shere? Check out my blog at Zac’s Blog byyyyyyyyye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zac,
      If you look at some of my recent blogs, you will see what we did with plants and where we went to learn about plants. Anyways thanks for the feedback!

      Delete